Friday, January 23, 2009

Jolly Days Movie -Set to relive good old college days

A remake of Telugu film, Happy Days, this Kannada movie Jolly Days is hitting the theatres today with a bunch of newbies-Vishwas, Praveen, Pradeep, Spoorthi, Raghavendra, Rathuba and Rahul. So what this huge star cast got to do in Jolly Days?

Aha, it’s the college group and it is around them that the story revolves, vibrates and resonates. This bunch of engineering students’ plays, laughs, giggles and keep the movie going with Ruthika acting as a teacher. This movie helps one and all to rewind old college days and take few steps down the memory lane in the sands of time.

Jolly Days will help you smell the fragrance of yesteryears trapped in celluloid, thus giving a break into stereotypical living. The script-writer, director and actor all work in unison to reflect the optimism in youth. Music reverberates in Jolly Days with six songs and sheer melody that cuts across all barriers and captivates one and all. It’s a great musical treat from Meyer. The music infuses nostalgic feeling and you clock back in time.

Director M. D Sridhar optimizes on the talent of Aishwarya Nag and makes this film Jolly Days on the natural landscape of Om Beach and Kumta, making the audience feel connected to their earlier days of studying and ragging. Some settings are at very own Bangalore and Mangalore.

So check out at the theatres in this long weekend and get connected to your old buddies in new way.

1 comment:

Ritika said...

I am so pleased to know that you also have seen Happy Days.. :) and what a coincidence!! Yesterday I was speaking to someone about the movie being remade in kannada and today i see the blog written by you..

I have not seen Jolly Days.. but have seen happy days.. Its a beautiful movie.. I loved it totally.. I could revisit my 4 years in hostel, college.. Whosoever made the movie in telugu.. he/she took care of smallest details from coming to hostel for the first time, branch change, placements to farewell.

I could relate to every bit of the movie. and I loved the music too..

I am going to see Jolly days soon.. :)

And now as, I am writing this.. I am hoping that a movie comes which is based on school life.. It will be a lot more fun to watch.. (I am already excited. Nothing is coming in near future though.) :)